Re: Forcing a 32 bit build on a 64 bit system

От Doug Knight
Тема Re: Forcing a 32 bit build on a 64 bit system
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
OK. I ran configure as:

setarch i386 ./configure

In the config.log both build and host now say i686-pc-linux-gnu. However, under "checking for C compiler version" I see "Target: x86_64-redhat-linux". Should I be concerned about this wrt building a pure 32 bit postgreSQL? Also, later in the log, there are references to Perl archlibexp and embedded Perl referencing the /usr/lib64 location. Should I be concerned about using the 64 bit perl libs? My goal is to create a pure 32 bit version for some testing we're doing. We ran into some issues with LISTEN/NOTIFY (will be a separate topic), and wanted to confirm or deny that the 64 bit version was the issue.

BTW, setarch i386 make built with no errors.

Thanks,
Doug

Doug Knight <dknight@wsi.com> writes:
> I am running RHEL5 on a 64 bit platform. We want to test with a 32 bit
> version of PostgreSQL. Can someone point me to the configure switches
> needed to force a 32 bit build?

"setarch i386" will help.

Сообщение: Re: Forcing a 32 bit build on a 64 bit system
Сообщение: Re: Forcing a 32 bit build on a 64 bit system