Re: VARCHAR -vs- CHAR: huge performance difference?

От C. Bensend
Тема Re: VARCHAR -vs- CHAR: huge performance difference?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> You might want to look into the autovacuum daemon, and / or increasing
> fsm settings to be large enough to hold all the spare tuples released by
> vacuuming.

IIRC, the autovacuum stuff was added in 7.4, which I'm not running (yet).
An upgrade to 7.4.3 might be prudent for me, while the database is still
small.

Benny

--
"Oh, the Jedis are going to feel this one!"       -- Professor Farnsworth,
                                                     "Futurama"

Сообщение: Re: weired behavior... after pg_resetxlog-> dump->initdb-->reload.
Сообщение: Re: weired behavior... after pg_resetxlog-> dump->initdb-->reload.