Re: RPM based install

От Andrew Hammond
Тема Re: RPM based install
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Feb 6, 5:35 pm, ttho...@cricketcommunications.com ("Trula Thomas")
wrote:
> Hello, RPM based install how do I start, please help.

If you've already got it installed, then either use the distribution
specific tool for starting / stopping server OR find the postgresql
script in /etc/init.d and run it with "start" as a parameter.

If you haven't already got it installed, then I'd suggest switching to
one of the .deb based distributions since they use the far superior
postgresql-common package. It won't make much of a difference to you
now, but when you need to upgrade PostgreSQL, or run multiple back-
ends or any of a number of more complicated tasks, it'll make a huge
difference in usability.

Andrew