Re: Integrating Replication into Core

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Integrating Replication into Core
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 08:42 +0100, Markus Schiltknecht wrote:
> > You're right, there is no agreement yet. When I say "first step," I mean
> > that it's the first step toward getting any form of replication support
> > in the _backend_, _not_ a first step toward a replication solution at
> > all.
>
> Okay, sorry, then I misread you.
>
> > It may be a long time before the backend has replication-specific
> > support of any kind, but many replication projects have passed the first
> > step toward replication a long time ago.
>
> Have they? Have you heard requests for specific additions into core from
> any of them?

I think you misread me again. I was again trying to make a distinction
between the progress of replication _for_ postgresql (which has been
very good, way past the first step) and the progress of replication
natively in the community version of the postgresql core, which has a
long way to go.

I wasn't very clear, but I don't think you actually disagree with me.

Regards,Jeff Davis