Re: Create index hanging

От Csaba Nagy
Тема Re: Create index hanging
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 14:17, Claire McLister wrote:
> Yes, that could be the case. We have a python function that imports
> CSV files, which can take a long time, and that may have been running
> during that time. I didn't look at the pg_lock file. What should I be
> looking for?

I have the following in ~/.psqlrc:

---------- snip here ---------------------
prepare locks(bigint) as
select c.relname, l.*
from pg_locks l left outer join pg_class c on c.oid=l.relation
where pid=$1
union all
select c.relname, l.*
from pg_locks l left outer join pg_class c on c.oid=l.relation
where l.pid in (select ml.pid from pg_locks ml, pg_locks cl
                where cl.pid=$1
                  and not cl.granted
                  and cl.transaction = ml.transaction
                  and ml.mode = 'ExclusiveLock');
\set lck 'execute locks'

\set ps 'SELECT procpid, substring(current_query for 97),
to_char((now()-query_start), \'HH24:MI:SS\') as t FROM pg_stat_activity
where current_query not like \'%<insufficient%\' and current_query not
like \'%IDLE%\' order by t desc;'
---------- snip here ---------------------

Then use:

dbprompt=> :lck(pid);

where "pid" is the process id of the backend of your blocking query.

That's also easy to find out if you enable command strings in the config
file (it won't work without that, i.e. you will see the backends but not
the queries, and then it's useless for your purpose), and use the :ps
defined above, which is optimized for my terminal's width, so you could
change the line truncation size (set to 97 in my case) to fit yours.

HTH,
Csaba.