Re: =?UTF-8?Q?re: How to insert .xls files into

От Guy Fraser
Тема Re: =?UTF-8?Q?re: How to insert .xls files into
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2006-07-07 at 22:41 +0000, lanczos@t-zones.sk wrote:
> > [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Adrian Klaver
> >
> > I guess the solution depends on what is a 'large amount of data'. The
> > most time consuming part is going to be converting the single data
> > elements at the top of each sheet into multiple elements. I would
> > create columns for the data in the sheet. At the same time I would
> > order the columns to match the database schema. Then it would a matter
> > of cut and paste to fill the columns with the data. The event id's
> > could be renumbered using Excel's series generator to create a non
> > repeating set of id's. If the amount of data was very large it might
> > pay to create some macros to do the work. Once the data was filled in
> > you would have a couple of choices. One, as mentioned by Ron would be
> > to use OpenOffice v2 to dump the data into the database. The other
> > would be to save the data as CSV and use the psql \copy command to
> > move the data into the table.
> > On Friday 07 July 2006 09:40 am, Parang Saraf wrote:
>
> Evrything You described is familiar to me, except the OpenOffice v2
>  dump - could You explain this more in details pls? I tried to do it
>  many times, without success.
>
> Thank You
>
> Tomas
Does the "OpenOffice v2 dump" convert the date correctly when
exporting into PostgreSQL?

The date in .xls when using excel is exported to CSV as a number
which is tricky to convert to a date. This is what I use :

date_pli('epoch'::date, date_num::integer - 25569) AS date_fmt

The number "25569" is a fudge factor, that can be different between
dumps, but stays consistent through the dump. I usually adjust it
and compare the result to the value shown in excel until I get a
match.

От: Jan Wieck
Сообщение: Re: Long term database archival
От: Sean Davis
Сообщение: Re: pgsql vs mysql