Re: real and effective user ids must match

От david.lao@sharpasia.com.mo
Тема Re: real and effective user ids must match
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
this is the command output

lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root            4 Apr  3  2003 /bin/sh -> bash
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root         9468 Sep  5  2002 /usr/bin/pg_ctl
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root      3074760 Sep  5  2002 /usr/bin/postgres
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root            8 Oct 29  2005 /usr/bin/postmaster -> postgres

Best,
David

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 11:13:43PM +0800, david.lao@sharpasia.com.mo wrote:
> I starting my postgres with standard startup script /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgressql

I didn't notice anything wrong with the script you posted.  What
happens if you run the "su" command that starts the postmaster
directly from the command line?  That is, the "su" on line 151
(you'll have to set the PGDATA environment variable or replace it
with the path to your data directory):

su -l postgres -s /bin/sh -c "/usr/bin/pg_ctl -D $PGDATA -p /usr/bin/postmaster start

What's the output of the following command?

ls -l /bin/sh /usr/bin/pg_ctl /usr/bin/postmaster /usr/bin/postgres

--
Michael Fuhr

Сообщение: Re: real and effective user ids must match
Сообщение: Re: real and effective user ids must match