SSL or other libraries for Windows-to-Linux PostgreSQL connection?

От Bart Golda
Тема SSL or other libraries for Windows-to-Linux PostgreSQL connection?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I posted almost similar question before, but my idea about the problem
has changed so it makes a new problem. So I create a new thread :)

Windows machines do not want to connect to a Linux PostgreSQL server
8.1, works only trust authentication for them. I saw an old 7.2 server,
it had the same problem. Windows uses allow autentication. Pg_hba seems
to be all right (connection can be estabilished, but only with
'trust'). I was informed that Linux and/or Windows may miss some crypto
libraries. I will install all crypto-* rpms I can find :), but
1) Are there any libraries that should be installed on Windows machine
(except for pgsqlODBC) to allow non-trust connections (e.g. MD5)?
2) Is it possible that rpm installations (for Fedora III) did not
inform me, that some libraries, essential for crypted connections are
missing? If yes, what libraries could that be?

Sorry for my English,

Thanks,
Bart Golda