Re: cant' pg_ctl find pid file from PGDATA env variable?

От
Тема Re: cant' pg_ctl find pid file from PGDATA env variable?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Dear Tom.

> Rajesh Kumar Mallah <mallah@trade-india.com> writes:
>> [root@ns3 root]# echo $PGDATA
>> /usr/local/pgsql/data
>> [root@ns3 root]# pg_ctl  reload
>> pg_ctl: cannot find /usr/local/pgsql/data/postmaster.pid
>> Is postmaster running?
>
> Is PGDATA actually an environment variable --- that is, did you
> "export" it?

yeah i had exported it in root's env with a wrong value which was not
even initdb'ed in the env od postgres user PGDATA was find so i did not
realize the mistake. only on running pg_ctl by root i got this error.

BTW can you pleeeeez reply to my last question in the
now() and timeofday() thread ?

Regds
mallah.