Re: PostgreSQL 7.4.10 hanging on delete

От Jonathan Parkin
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 7.4.10 hanging on delete
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
There are no conflicting locks; this occurs both concurrently with other
processes (dealing with other rows) and when the only two processes with
locks on the database are the one that hangs and the one I'm using to
examine pg_locks.

On Wed, 2005-12-21 at 08:02, Pandurangan R S wrote:
> When the delete statements hangs, look into the pg_locks table, to
> check if the delete statement is waiting because it has conflict with
> rows locked by other transactions.
>
> On 20 Dec 2005 16:21:53 +0000, Jonathan Parkin
> <jonathan.parkin@legendplc.com> wrote:
> > I have a reasonably large, live, system-critical database.  A perl
> > script on another machine connects and issues a sequence of commands in
> > a transaction, the last of which is a delete.  The delete never returns
> > a response, and the connection never times out.  The postgres process
> > handling the delete is in a scheduled state, but stracing it produces no
> > output at all.

[Remainder of original message cut for brevity]

--
Best Regards

Jonathan Parkin
Developer

Legend Communications plc
T: 0844 390 2049
F: 0844 390 2001
E: jonathan.parkin@legendplc.com
W: http://www.legend.co.uk/

privileged. Unauthorised disclosure, copying or distribution, either
whole or in part; or action taken in reliance on its content is
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Legend
Communications immediately.