Re: 8.1.1 News Item,
tags

От Tino Wildenhain
Тема Re: 8.1.1 News Item,
tags
Дата
tags
 (Dave Page <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk>)
Список pgsql-www
Am Dienstag, den 13.12.2005, 23:25 +0000 schrieb Dave Page:

> On 13/12/05 10:41 pm, "Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> wrote:
>

> > On 13/12/05 10:33 pm, "Tino Wildenhain" <tino@wildenhain.de> wrote:
> >
> >> Am Dienstag, den 13.12.2005, 22:22 +0000 schrieb Dave Page:
> >>>
> >> ..
> >>
> >> p {white-space:pre}
> >>
> >> fixes it.
> >
> > Cool thanks - that might fix another issue as well...
>
> Hmm, unfortunately not the answer. It does it's job too well because it
> stops the text wrapping as well as honouring whitespaces (at least it does
> in Safari).

Well, you either have text wrapping or you have something like <br />
gives - sort of. Otoh, if wrapping of paragraphs is desired, each
paragraph should just have its own <p> </p> around it.
The text only variant of this would be a list of paragraph texts.

> It also seems it gets ignored by IE < 6.0 which probably still accounts for
> a good percentage of our visitors.

While the question arisis if these are really IE < 6.0 users or
just users with default spoofing other browsers.

If they are true IE 5.x users, they dont have much fun in the web
anyway and should not care about some design oddities ;)