Re:

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re:
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, 2005-11-24 at 12:45 +0000, uva raj wrote:

> hi all,
>
> I use Postgresql 8.0.3 on redhat linux.
>
> I compiled the source and installed. Its working fine.Now I developed
> an application over this. Can i package the installed postgresql with
> my application and distribute. will this postgres (compiled in my
> local machine) work in all linux systems?

No.  Different systems have libraries and other directories in different
places.  Your package should depend on the appropriate postgresql
packages and rely on the distribution's tools to install them.

Your packaging will need to be redone on each flavour of rpm and again
for Debian-based distributions.

Oliver Elphick