Re: Can't connect to Windows port + other

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Can't connect to Windows port + other
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Anony Mous" <A.Mous@shaw.ca> writes:
> If so, why not set the listen_addresses to '*' right away?

Security.  It was difficult enough to get people to accept the current
liberalized default --- I don't think they'll go for defaulting to -i,
which is essentially what you're asking for.  It's seen as a good thing
that there are two, not one, levels of protection between you and having
a database server that's wide open to the entire internet.

> but it always fails because I don't know how to add the password for the
> super user into the command line, and of course the super user will always
> have a password.  Is there a way to do this?

Create a .pgpass file maybe?