Re: duplicate key violates unique constraint

От Csaba Nagy
Тема Re: duplicate key violates unique constraint
Дата
Список pgsql-general
That would work indeed. Bit I guess the savepoint solution will be the
simplest and fastest if the OP has or can install 8.0 version.

Cheers,
Csaba.

On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 17:49, Richard Huxton wrote:
> Csaba Nagy wrote:
> > [snip]
> >
> >>If you have more than one client, this can always happen. You have two
> >>choices:
> >>  1. Use a lock to stop two clients interacting like this
> >

> > This won't work unless you make all the clients serialized, or you have
> > all the ip's already inserted in the data base... you can't lock on an
> > unknown key, otherwise the locking will also need to insert, and you're
> > back to the same race condition ;-)
>
> You can, however, have something more finely-grained than whole-table
> locking (assuming one IP updated/inserted at a time) by filling a dummy
> table with e.g. integers 0..255 and locking a row there based on (e.g.)
> the last octet of your target IP.
>
> --
>    Richard Huxton
>    Archonet Ltd

Сообщение: Re: duplicate key violates unique constraint
Сообщение: Re: duplicate key violates unique constraint