Re: PostgreSQL Certification

От Tino Wildenhain
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Certification
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Am Sonntag, den 12.06.2005, 17:59 +0900 schrieb Tatsuo Ishii:
> > For the contents too. I dont think the source code installation
> > should be so much in the focus of the certification.
>
> Since PostgreSQL is an open source database, I think it is important
> to understand how to install PostgreSQL from the source code.

Yes, but nowadays you dont learn to build a car to get a certificate
to drive a car. Postgres is available on platforms (win32) for example,
where you dont get in touch with the build process.
(Also true for all the binary distributions, also packages
on some systems where you just use make)

> > I wonder how certifications in other languages and countries
> > could work?
>
> If there's enough demand to justify the cost for adding new language
> for the exam, we look forward to add new one.

Well, I was thinking of a certificate process more then just an
online test. The problem seems to be to have an authoritative
test center where the candidates really have something of value
at their hands when they pass the certificate.