Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On T, 2005-03-22 at 09:10 -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 08:26:24PM +0200, Hannu Krosing wrote:
> > On P, 2005-03-20 at 00:52 +0100, PFC wrote:
>
> > >     Also note the possibility to mark a partition READ ONLY. Or even a table.
>
> > Would we still need regular VACUUMing of read-only table to avoid
> > OID-wraparound ?
>
> You could VACUUM FREEZE the table or partition, so you wouldn't need to
> vacuum it again.

But when I do just VACUUM; will this know to avoid vacuuming VACUUM
FREEZE'd partitions ?

Or could this be somehow liked to READ ONLY + VACUUM FREEZE state ?

--
Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee>

Сообщение: Re: Tsearch2 performance on big database
Сообщение: Re: Tsearch2 performance on big database