Re: post installation addition of uuid extension

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: post installation addition of uuid extension
Дата
Re: post installation addition of uuid extension
Список pgsql-general
Rob Sargent <rsargent@xmission.com> writes:
> I've inherited some version 9.0 databases which make use of the uuid
> data type but which do not have the uuid-generate-vx() functions.
> These installations are running on openSUSE 11.3 (x86_64) and were
> installed (probably) from yast.  I've loaded the requisite share-libs
> (also via yast) (/usr/lib64/libossp-uuid.so.16 which does have an entry
> point for uuid-export).

> I have the source for 9.0.3 with the contrib/ossp-uuid package. But the
> sql therein is of course uuid-ossp.sql.in and needs, I believe, to have
> "'MODULE_PATHNAME'" resolved before it's useful.

> Can anyone point me to the next step?

> As a side note, pg_config was not installed and I don't see it as an
> option in yast pointed at
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:database:postgresql/openSUSE_11.3

Considering that there are libossp-uuid RPMs in that repo, I'd bet good
money that the postgresql-contrib RPM contains contrib/uuid-ossp.  Just
download that instead of building your own.

I'd imagine that pg_config is in the -devel RPM, FWIW.