FW: backup using pg_dump postgreSQL 8.3.8

От Sandy Test
Тема FW: backup using pg_dump postgreSQL 8.3.8
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] FW: backup using pg_dump postgreSQL 8.3.8  (Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca>)
Re: [GENERAL] FW: backup using pg_dump postgreSQL 8.3.8  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-admin

We have postgreSQL 8.3.8 installed on a windows 8 server (64 bit).

We want to be able to run a nightly backup using the pg_dump command.

Unfortunately, even with the pg_hba.conf fix of adding host postgres … trust,

It still asks for a password.

1. Is this a 64bit issue? If the server was 32bit, would it not ask for a password?

2. Is there a way of running a dos script that would run the pg_dump providing a password when prompted?

3. Is there a way of running the pg_dump with a user that doesn't have a password?

Thanks

Sandy Test

System Manager Makhteshim

IT