Re: Postgres schema comparison.

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: Postgres schema comparison.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mar 7, 2005, at 10:09 AM, Stef wrote:

> Is it possible to somehow pass the output of : "\d [TABLE NAME]"
> to this function? If not, what would return me consistent text
> that will describe the columns, indexes and primary keys of a table?

I'm not sure you can use \d directly, but if you startup psql with the
-E option it will show you all the SQL it is using to run the \d
command. It should be fairly easy to get the strings you need from the
results of running a similar query. The psql source is a good place to
look also.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL