Re: Invalid User ID: 0

От Howard Bagcat
Тема Re: Invalid User ID: 0
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> What account is the postmaster service running under?  Postgres or someother account?

Not postgres but a different account. The same username used during the "initdb" process. As for your information, the
said
account/username can get into any of my local database without problems. Only yesterday when I tried to connect to
template1or
to any local database that it displayed the "Fatal: Invalid User ID: 0" for some reason that I dont know of.

Is there any way we can execute a user-defined BKI so we could probably add new account in both pg_shadow and pg_user?

> What version of postgres and windows is this running on?

I am using postgresql 7.4 on top of Cygwin 2.416 running under Win 98SE.

Kumusta, Howard.

> > I am troubled on logging on to my postgresql running under Cygwin. Postmaster says, "Fatal: Invalid User ID 0"
after
> connecting. I
> > know for sure that the username that I am using to log is existing. Thinking that having a new user will solve the
problem,
> > tried creating a new user but same error was displayed. I tried working on psql in the hope that I can connect to
postgresql
> but
> > the same has occured.
> >
> > I checked the Postmaster if it can determine the availability of the database in the system catalog by logging on
toa
> > non-existing database and the Postmaster says, "Fatal: database "foo" does not exist in the system catalog". But as
Itried
> > connect to an existing database, "Invalid User ID 0" showed up. It seems to me that pgsql users' database have been
> corrupted.
> >
> > BTW, postmaster started without errors.
> >
> > Your guiding ideas and tips are highly appreciated.
> >
> > PS. The database that I am trying to connect to is a production database working for 3 days and in a snap back-up
cannotbe
> > created due to the above problem. Hope anyone of you can help.

E-Sulat v.0.0.1 ( Manna )
An extended module for MUWeb4 Project <http://www.mu.edu.ph>