Re: does wal archiving block the current client connection?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: does wal archiving block the current client connection?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Jeff Frost <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com> writes:
> On Mon, 15 May 2006, Tom Lane wrote:
>> No, I can't see what the connection should be there.  It's supposed to
>> be designed so that the archive command can take its sweet old time and
>> nothing happens except that a backlog of WAL files builds up in pg_xlog.

> That's what I thought, but that doesn't seem to be what I'm observing.  Of
> course the NAS device only gets wedged about once every month or two, so it's
> difficult to reproduce.

If it's really a PG bug, it should be trivial to reproduce: put a long
sleep in the archive-command script.

От: Jeff Frost
Сообщение: Re: does wal archiving block the current client connection?
Сообщение: Re: does wal archiving block the current client connection?