Re: Debian packages of 7.4

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: Debian packages of 7.4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 12:59, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Oliver Elphick writes:
>
> > Please note that the python packages have been dropped from this build,
> > since the PyGreSQL source tree is now independent.  Another maintainer
> > will take those on.
>
> Then why are plr, odbc, pgeasy and pgperl still in there?  Those have been
> removed a longer time ago, or were never even in there in the first place.

plr needs to build in the source tree, so the easiest way to do that is
to include it in the source. The same goes (or did go) for the others.
I'm aware that odbc no longer needs that and shifting it into a separate
source package is on my list of things to do.  Some things just happen
by inertia until I get prompted to change them.

I'm dropping python packages (rather than making a new source package)
because I have never used python at all and can't support it and there
is another maintainer willing to take them on.

     "A Song for the sabbath day. It is a good thing to
      give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto
      thy name, O most High."   Psalms 92:1