Re: Pls. help me to clarify my doubts.

От
Тема Re: Pls. help me to clarify my doubts.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> hi,
>
> Sir, i follow your procedure of Postgres installation (version 7.1.3)
> on linux 2.4.7-10.
>
> I want to know how to enable syslog and mention the log information
> will store in /var/postgreslog directory path..

not sure abt 7.1.3 , but  in 7.3.3 u can do the following.

In postgresql.conf file

#
#       Syslog
#
syslog = 2                     # range 0-2
syslog_facility = 'LOCAL0'
syslog_ident = 'postgres'

in /etc/syslog.conf file
local0.*   /var/postgreslog

note that this will put *all* the messages from all applications
using local0 facility to /var/postgreslog

regds
mallah.