Re: PL/Perl returning multiple rows

От Christopher Murtagh
Тема Re: PL/Perl returning multiple rows
Дата
Re: PL/Perl returning multiple rows
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 16:52, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 03:59:53PM -0500, Christopher Murtagh wrote:
>
> >  I'm trying to write a pl/perl function that will return multiple rows.
> > I've looked all over the web and only found vague references as to how
> > to do this (some said it was possible, and some said it wasn't but it
> > was for older versions of Postgres).
>
> Unfortunately, pl/perl has not been enabled to return multiple rows yet.
> Apparently it also can use SPI only through an experimental interface ...
> so plperl is pretty much a dead end for you.
>
> Better start learning Tcl ...

 Thanks for the info. I'm ok with that, I like Perl, but I can live
without it too. :-) Two questions:

1) Can Tcl return multiple rows?

2) Do you know where I can find some sample pl/tcl code? I've found the
postgres docs, but there isn't a lot there.

3) ok, 3 questions... Any word on pl/php and a release date?

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Chris

--