Re: performance problem - 10.000 databases

От Marek Florianczyk
Тема Re: performance problem - 10.000 databases
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
W liście z śro, 05-11-2003, godz. 17:18, Bruno Wolff III pisze:
> On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 16:14:59 +0100,
>   Marek Florianczyk <franki@tpi.pl> wrote:
> > One database with 3.000 schemas works better than 3.000 databases, but
> > there is REAL, BIG problem, and I won't be able to use this solution:
> > Every query, like "\d table" "\di" takes veeeeeeery long time.
> > Users have to have phpPgAdmin wich I modified to suit our needs, but now
> > it doesn't work, not even log-in. If I rewrite phpPgAdmin to log users
> > without checking all schemas, and tables within schemas, none of users
> > will be able to examine structure of table. Query like "\d table" from
> > psql monitor takes about 2-5 MINUTES :(
>
> Analyzing the system tables will likely make these queries go faster.

I've made:
VACUUM FULL;
ANALYZE;

and it works better, but no revelation, when I do "\d schemaname.table"
it's better. I've to still wait about 10-30 sec. and now it's only 100
clients connected. :(

Marek

Сообщение: Re: performance problem - 10.000 databases
Сообщение: Re: performance problem - 10.000 databases