Re: working with users

От Michelle Murrain
Тема Re: working with users
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 21:17, Sam Carleton wrote:
> But how do I see what users exist for the database?  Because I was
> the user postgres when I created the database, does that mean there
> was a postgres user added during creation?  If not, what user am I
> when I run psql as postgres?  If I am postgres, what is the password
> to the database and how do I rest it?

There is a table called pg_shadow. It has the list of users and
passwords and what they can do.

To see what you have now, use:

SELECT * from pg_shadow;
See: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/static/catalog-pg-shadow.html
and: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/interactive/user-manag.html
--
.Michelle

AIM:pearlbear0 ICQ:129250575

"Our capacity to make peace with another person and with the world
depends very much on our capacity to make peace with ourselves." -- Thich Nhat Hanh