Re: [GENERAL] how to get accurate values in pg_statistic

От Mary Edie Meredith
Тема Re: [GENERAL] how to get accurate values in pg_statistic
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Yesterday Jenny and I started to look at plan changes with different
seed and default_statistics_sample changes.

Since we have 21 plans to check, it takes a long time to determine if
the plans were different.  We had to do it visually with xxdiff.  Diff
will always show a difference since the costs are almost always
different.

Is there any option to remove the cost numbers from the plan so we can
just use "diff" to automate the plan comparisons?  Otherwise it will be
very tedious to do this experiment.

--
Mary Edie Meredith <maryedie@osdl.org>
Open Source Development Lab