Re: how to replicate database

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: how to replicate database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 09:15, Caroline Yong wrote:
> Is there a way to replicate one-off(a copy of
> duplicate) of an existing Postgres database.

pg_dump mydatabase > some_file

move some_file to another machine (or to duplicate the database on the
same server, use a new database name below)

createdb mydatabase
psql -d mydatabase < some_file

     "I am crucified with Christ; nevertheless I live; yet
      not I, but Christ liveth in me; and the life which I
      now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son
      of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."
                                         Galatians 2:20