automatic update

От Alessandro GARDICH
Тема automatic update
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi to all ...

I'm looking to a way to auto update some fields of a row when other
fileds are updated.

the table structure are simple,

CREATE TABLE param (
id int4 PRIMARY KEY,
val int4,
ts timestam(3) DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP
);

so when a new entry are insert ts areautomatically update,
but i would make the same on update ...

i would that on
UDPATE param SET val=100 WHERE id=1;

also ts field have to be updated to CURRENT_TIMESTAMP

I try with a RULE but obtain only a loop, seem RULE aren't good to make
such things, modify a statment on the same table it's related :(

i look for a trigger but I suppose the same problem arise ...

how i can solve the problem ???

mhhh does i have to have a VIEW of parm ... called param2 without the ts
field and make a rule on param2 that update param.ts ???
seem a bit tricky :( ...

thanks in advance ...

--
Alessandro GARDICH <gremlin@gremlin.it>