pg_dump version conflict

От Tom Haddon
Тема pg_dump version conflict
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Folks,

I'm trying to move from version 7.2.4 to version 7.1.2. May seem
counterintuitive, but trust me, there's a reason.

Anyway, the problem I'm having is that the pg_dump file from
pg_dump_7.2.4 doesn't seem to to work with 7.1.2 when I try to restore.
And when I try using pg_dump_7.1.2 to dump from the 7.2.4 database, I
get the following error message:

Database version: PostgreSQL 7.2.4 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by
GCC 2.96
Archiver(db) version: 7.1.2
Proceeding despite version mismatch.
getTables(): SELECT (for PRIMARY KEY) failed on table administrators.
 Explanation from backend: ERROR:  Attribute 'oid' not found

Is there any way round this? Or is there a better way to move from 7.2.4
to 7.1.2?

Thanks, Tom

--
Tom Haddon