Re: Converting the sgml documentation...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Converting the sgml documentation...
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
"Anthony Mullen" <mullena@iwon.com> writes:
> I am having issues converting the documentation from sgml to anything
> else.  I cannot find anything on the web or in the archives that goes
> about explaining how to do this.  Using the command db2html I can
> convert one document at a time, with no references.  The Makefile(s)
> I've found in various places refer to directories that don't exist.
> Or to files that aren't in the expected directories.

The docs RPM is fairly useless since it just gives you a verbatim copy
of one subdirectory of the original source tree --- and as you found
out, that Makefile is useless out of context.  (As of 8.0 we've stopped
including the sgml in the RPM at all, since it's really source code.)

Grab the source tarball out of the SRPM, configure it, and look in the
doc/src/sgml subdirectory.   Plain "make" there will build the HTML docs.
See
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/docguide-build.html
Check the pgsql-docs archives for more about required tools etc.

Сообщение: Re: Converting the sgml documentation...
Сообщение: Re: Converting the sgml documentation...