Re: Trigger question

От Evil Azrael
Тема Re: Trigger question
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Guten Tag Richard Huxton,

Am Donnerstag, 15. Januar 2004 um 17:10 schrieben Sie:

RH> On Thursday 15 January 2004 13:13, pginfo wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using pg 7.4.1 and have created a trigger over table with 3 M rows.
>> If I start masive update on this table, pg executes this trigger on
>> every row and dramaticaly slows the system.
>> Exists in pg any way to define the trigger execution only if I have
>> changes on some fields?

That not, but perhaps a STATEMENT Level Trigger could help. It´s a new
feature in 7.4.x and rather undocumented. http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/sql-createtrigger.html
"FOR EACH STATEMENT" probably this can help you a bit.

Christoph Nelles

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen
Evil Azrael                            mailto:evilazrael@evilazrael.de