Re: Pre-version pg_upgrade syntax check

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Pre-version pg_upgrade syntax check
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2/10/20 4:07 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Feb 2020, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>
>> What it is saying is -b and -d are pointing at binary and data
>> directories
>> that are incompatible. You need to make sure that:
>>
>> /usr/lib64/postgresql/11/bin/
>> and
>> /var/lib/pgsql/11/data
>>
>> are actually pointing at 11 instances of binaries and data respectively.
>
> Adrian,
>
> I just copied the contents of those directories from last Thursday's
> backups. Still fails.

So you already have 11 and 12 instances of Postgres running?

If so why use pg_upgrade?

To verify what is going on do:

/usr/lib64/postgresql/11/bin/psql --version

vi /var/lib/pgsql/11/data/PG_VERSION

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Jerry Sievers
Сообщение: Re: Postgres 12.1 : UPPER() in WHERE clause restarts server
Сообщение: Re: Postgres 12.1 : UPPER() in WHERE clause restarts server