Re: How to get higher tps

От Marty Jia
Тема Re: How to get higher tps
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Joshua,

Here is

shared_buffers = 80000
fsync = on
max_fsm_pages = 350000
max_connections = 1000
work_mem = 65536
effective_cache_size = 610000
random_page_cost = 3

Here is pgbench I used:

pgbench -c 10 -t 10000 -d HQDB

Thanks

Marty

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua D. Drake [mailto:jd@commandprompt.com]
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2006 6:09 PM
To: Marty Jia
Cc: pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] How to get higher tps

Marty Jia wrote:
> I'm exhausted to try all performance tuning ideas, like following
> parameters
>
> shared_buffers
> fsync
> max_fsm_pages
> max_connections
> shared_buffers
> work_mem
> max_fsm_pages
> effective_cache_size
> random_page_cost
>
> I believe all above have right size and values, but I just can not get

> higher tps more than 300 testd by pgbench

What values did you use?

> Here is our hardware
>

> Dual Intel Xeon 2.8GHz
> 6GB RAM
> Linux 2.4 kernel
> RedHat Enterprise Linux AS 3
> 200GB for PGDATA on 3Par, ext3
> 50GB for WAL on 3Par, ext3
>
> With PostgreSql 8.1.4
>
> We don't have i/o bottle neck.

Are you sure? What does iostat say during a pgbench? What parameters are
you passing to pgbench?

Well in theory, upgrading to 2.6 kernel will help as well as making your
WAL ext2 instead of ext3.

> Whatelse I can try to better tps? Someone told me I can should get tps

> over 1500, it is hard to believe.

1500? Hmmm... I don't know about that, I can get 470tps or so on my
measily dual core 3800 with 2gig of ram though.

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/