Re: Queries within a function

От Mridula Mahadevan
Тема Re: Queries within a function
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Tom,
 I cannot run execute because all these are temp tables with drop on auto commit within a function. This should have
somethingto do with running it in a transaction, when I run them in autocommit mode (without a drop on autocommit) the
queriesreturn in a few seconds.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 11:28 AM
To: Mridula Mahadevan
Cc: pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] Queries within a function

Mridula Mahadevan <mmahadevan@stratify.com> writes:
>  I am running a bunch of queries within a function, creating some temp tables and populating them. When the data
exceedssay, 100k the queries start getting really slow and timeout (30 min). when these are run outside of a
transaction(inauto commit mode), they run in a few seconds. Any ideas on what may be going on and any postgresql.conf
parametersetc that might help?

I'll bet the function is caching query plans that stop being appropriate
once the table grows in size.  You might have to resort to using
EXECUTE, although if you're on 8.4 DISCARD PLANS ought to help too.

От: Andy Colson
Сообщение: Re: System overload / context switching / oom, 8.3
От: Rob
Сообщение: Re: System overload / context switching / oom, 8.3