Re: requested shared memory size overflows size_t

От Scott Carey
Тема Re: requested shared memory size overflows size_t
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Jun 14, 2010, at 7:06 PM, Greg Smith wrote:

> I really cannot imagine taking a system as powerful as you're using here
> and crippling it by running through a VM.  You should be running Ubuntu
> directly on the hardware, ext3 filesystem without LVM, split off RAID-1
> drive pairs dedicated to OS and WAL, then use the rest of them for the
> database.

Great points.  There is one other option that is decent for the WAL:
If splitting out a volume is not acceptable for the OS and WAL -- absolutely split those two out into their own
partitions. It is most important to make sure that WAL and data are not on the same filesystem, especially if ext3 is
involved.