Re: POLL: Adding transaction status to default psql prompt

От Vik Fearing
Тема Re: POLL: Adding transaction status to default psql prompt
Дата
Re: POLL: Adding transaction status to default psql prompt  (Nikolay Samokhvalov <samokhvalov@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 06/02/2020 04:55, Steve Baldwin wrote:
> Hi Vik,
>
> I'm not sure why this should be the default when it is easy to override the
> default via a psqrc file. If you know enough to do it, you can.

Because it isn't always easy to modify the .psqlrc file.  This is
especially true if you frequently connect to other people's systems.

> Otherwise I
> don't think it adds any value as a default since a novice user isn't going
> to know what */!/? means. Maybe I'm missing something.

A novice user won't understand any of psql's meta commands, either.

> -1 from me.

Thank you for voting.
--
Vik Fearing

Сообщение: Re: POLL: Adding transaction status to default psql prompt
Сообщение: Re: POLL: Adding transaction status to default psql prompt