Re: Using PK value as a String

От Mathias Stjernström
Тема Re: Using PK value as a String
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi!

We use normal sequences to generate id's across multiple nodes.  We
use the "increment" parameter for the sequence and we specify each
node to increment its sequence with for example 10 and the the first
node to start the sequence at 1 and the second at 2 and so on. In that
way you get an unique ID across each nodes thats an INT. Not in
chronological order but it's unique ;)

The only issue with this is that the value you chose for increment
value is your node limit.

Cheers!

Mathias