Re: invalid UTF-8 byte sequence detected

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: invalid UTF-8 byte sequence detected
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mar 16, 2006, at 15:39 , Wes wrote:

> That might be worth a shot.  I don't really understand the
> ramifications,
> though, especially given Tom's warning.  I guess as long as I don't
> care
> about things like sort order for those fields, it may not matter much.

I hope you didn't take my comments as a suggestion: I think you
*should* preprocess your data and use UTF8 as the default encoding
(or another encoding that includes all of the characters you hope to
use) for your database.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com