Re: How do I import a sql file into pgAdmin4 ?

От Holger Jakobs
Тема Re: How do I import a sql file into pgAdmin4 ?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi Karen,

all frontends ask for a password if the combination of hostname, user, database needs one, unless you save it in the .pgpass or %APPDATA%\postgresql\pgpass.conf file.

Your command

    psql -U postgres -d mydb -a -f "Filelocation\name"

lacks a host to connect to. If the database is running on the same system, add the option -h localhost.

Using the username postgres is generally not a good idea, set up an ordinary user, create a database for that user and use those. The name of the user and database may be identical, but doesn't have to.

After downloading PostgreSQL (if for Windows, it should be the one by EDB) it has to be installed. I don't think there is a pure client installer available for Windows, though.

Regards,

Holger