Re: Optimizing disk throughput on quad Opteron

От Ben Suffolk
Тема Re: Optimizing disk throughput on quad Opteron
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> You can find a diagram of my initial
> spec here:
> http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/9171/dbserverdiagramuc3.jpg
>
> Can you guys see any glaring bottlenecks in my layout?
>  Any other suggestions to offer (throw in more
> controllers, different RAID layout, etc.)?  Our budget
> limit is $50k.

The thing I would ask is would you not be better with SAS drives?

Since the comments on Dell, and the highlighted issues I have been
looking at HP and the the Smart Array P600 controller with 512 BBWC.
Although I am looking to stick with the 8 internal disks, rather than
use external ones.

The HP Smart Array 50 is the external array for SAS drives. Not
really looked into it much though.

Regards

Ben