Re: Re: upgrading RPM query

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: Re: upgrading RPM query
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Monday 20 August 2001 18:08, Chad R. Larson wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 02:37:55PM -0400, Lamar Owen wrote:
> > And, YES, library versions under Linux distributions are as bad if
> > not worse than Windows' 'DLL Hell' is.  Well, at least mostly.
> > RPM-based Linux distributions at least _tell_ you there's a
> > problem.....

> About here is where I usually get up on my FreeBSD soapbox.

Ok, then, use a binary built for FreeBSD 4.0 on OpenBSD 2.9.  A _PostgreSQL_
binary.

If you want to build everything from source there are no library problems,
regardless of OS -- until you upgrade the OS.

You see, there's more to it than meets the eye....

Although, older binaries usually work fine after an upgrade of RedHat, thanks
to it keeping around older libs during an upgrade....
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio