initdb fails after installation on Mac OS X 10.2.6

От Fuat Atabey
Тема initdb fails after installation on Mac OS X 10.2.6
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

i installed postgre 7.3.3. I used the Installation Instruction of
postgre.org. The installation ran fine. However, when I ran the initdb
command, it failed. The latest Apple Security Updates are installed. I
changed the prefix to a local user account, because i have no admin
rights.

This is the error when I run the following command:

./configure --with-includes=/sw/include/ --with-libraries=/sw/lib
--prefix=/private/Network/Servers/macbruegge7/Volumes/raid/Users/
atabey/Applications/pgsql
make
make install
"go to Folder pgsql"

[macbruegge65:~/Applications/pgsql] atabey% bin/initdb -D data
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user
"atabey".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale en_US.
This locale setting will prevent the use of indexes for pattern matching
operations.  If that is a concern, rerun initdb with the collation order
set to "C".  For more information see the Administrator's Guide.

Fixing permissions on existing directory data... ok
creating directory data/base... ok
creating directory data/global... ok
creating directory data/pg_xlog... ok
creating directory data/pg_clog... ok
creating template1 database in data/base/1... bin/initdb: line 582:
7349 Abort trap              "$PGPATH"/postgres -boot -x1 $PGSQL_OPT
$BACKEND_TALK_ARG template1

initdb failed.
.
.