Re: Quotas on databases

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Quotas on databases
Дата
Список pgsql-general
From: "Tressens Lionel" <tressens@etud.insa-tlse.fr>

> Is it possible to set quotas for each user of my DBMS ?
>
> I run a web server and I gave the users the opportunity to have a personal
> database for their homepage but I don't want them to put large objects
> such as files in the DBMS, so I want to apply quotas.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.

Databases are owned by the default user/group (postgres) - however, you can
do a chgrp -R on the relevant database directory after creation and
everything carries on working. You might need to play around setting the
group sticky bit to make sure new tables have the right group.

What happens when you reach the group quota and can't write to the DB any
more I wouldn't like to speculate. Might not be pleasant, so you'll want to
try it.

- Richard Huxton