Re: Postmaster crashes

От Mark Alliban
Тема Re: Postmaster crashes
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> "Mark Alliban" <MarkA@idnltd.com> writes:
> > pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection
> > Server process (pid 2087) exited with status 139 at Tue Feb 13 15:38:08
2001
> > Terminating any active server processes...
> > Server processes were terminated at Tue Feb 13 15:38:08 2001
> > Reinitializing shared memory and semaphores
>
> The unexpected-EOF messages are probably unrelated to the crash.

Yes I figure these are from a client not closing connections properly.

> What Postgres version are you running?  There should be a corefile left
from
> the crashed backend --- can you get a stack trace from it?  How about
> running the postmaster with -d2 to log queries, so that you can see what
> queries were being executed at the time of the crash?

7.0.3 on Redhat Linux 6.1 from RPM.

Core was generated by `/usr/bin/postgres 172.16.1.2 postgres'.
#0  0x80aa10a in DLGetSucc ()

Signal 11 was already suggested, which probably means hardware problems. I
know the machine has a flaky power supply which causes it to power-cycle on
a daily basis, so this seems to me to be a likely cause of these errors too.
I can't enable -d2 because this is a live production database and there is
so much activity that logging slows the system down too much and generates
huge files. The problem is not reproducable on test systems, which further
suggests to me that it is a hardware problem. Time to replace it I think.

Thanks,
Mark.