Fw: Redundant databases/real-time backup

От rhampton
Тема Fw: Redundant databases/real-time backup
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Lockhurst,

I looked at your startup line and it looks like you are missing an '>' in
the middle of it.  I have sent you my original message because I see that
you responded to what Ragnar said later in the thread.

Ragnar had also suggested that I could use fifo, named pipe instead of
processing the transactions in batch, but I believe that is incorrect.  It
is crucial to know whether or not the statement was executed properly by the
redundant database server, thus my perl script sends one sql statement at a
time, gets a response, decides whether there was an error, and continues.

Good luck.  I realize that there are many shortcomings to the approach I
have taken, including the inability of the script to test a connection to
the redundant database before processing, high server overhead, etc.  Maybe
somebody could do it better in C.  I don't know C but I'm sure that a binary
would work a heck of a lot better than this little perl script.

_______________________________

Hi,

Tried by modifying /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql with following changes:
su -l postgres -c '/usr/bin/postmaster -i -D /var/lib/pgsql
/var/lib/pgsql/query_log 2>&1 &'

The file query_log is created. But it is remaining empty even after restart
and
all sorts of transactions including insert statements.

Early thanks for any help

Wish you all a vey happy new 2001.

Lockhurst