Re: Out of space

От Tom Bakken
Тема Re: Out of space
Список pgsql-admin

DEBUG:  database system was shut down at 2004-04-07 12:14:38 CDT

Texas USDA, Rural Development

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 2:46 PM
To: Tom Bakken
Cc: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Out of space

"Tom Bakken" <tom.bakken@tx.usda.gov> writes:
> I'm not finding any mention of CHECKPOINT in my references.  Is that
> something from a version newer than 7.1.2?

You're running 7.1.2?  My, that *is* an old installation.  You really
ought to think about an update, particularly if you might be approaching
the 4-billion-transaction event horizon.  You do not want to suffer XID
wraparound in a 7.1 installation :-(.  See this link for explanations:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/maintenance.html#VACUUM-FOR-WRAPAR
OUND

7.1 does have the CHECKPOINT command, though, whether you see it
documented or not.

            regards, tom lane

Вложения