Re: Out of space

От Tom Bakken
Тема Re: Out of space
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Just a brief summary of my problem and it's resolution:

The postgres log file was gobbling up all my disk space and I wasn't paying
attention. Postgres shut down and wouldn't restart.  I truncated the log
file and now had plenty of space but Postgres still wouldn't start.

I noticed it wasn't posting to the log file.  When I truncated the log file
I inadvertently changed it's ownership to root.  I corrected the situation,
but it was still not writing to the log file.  I changed the permissions but
again, it still wasn't starting up.  I had turned on more extensive
debugging.  When I removed the flag, I was surprised to see Postgres start
normally.  I must have had it set wrong.

Boy do I feel dumb.  I think the quote is, "Man proposes, but God disposes."
It's been a humbling experience to air my ignorance.

I really appreciate Postgres and this forum.

Tom, you've helped me (and others) more than once.  Many thanks.

Tom Bakken
Information Resource Manager
Texas USDA, Rural Development

Вложения