Re: Vacuum

От Summer S. Wilson
Тема Re: Vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Tom,

It does not appear to be consuming any CPU time, its just sitting there.
I'm not sure what would be connected to it because we have nothing live
right now, and none of the pages related to that table have been designed
yet.  Is there a safe way to end the vacuum?

> "Summer S. Wilson" <collectonian@eclectic-world.com> writes:
>
>>I'm running PostgreSQL 7.1 with Slackware 8 on a dual processor Dell
server.
>>I have a database with 17 tables.  I started VacuumDB with the analyze
>>option on Friday around 3pm...when I came in this morning at 8 it was
still
>>not done.  From the verbose info, it seems to be "stuck" on one table,
>>whowrote which is the second largest table (2546 records).
>>

> Is it consuming CPU time, or just sitting?  (ps or top would tell you)
> If it's just sitting, I'd bet that there is some other connected backend
> that's holding an open transaction with a lock on that table.

Summer S. Wilson         ICQ 26835530
Programmer/Analyst I, EIT TCE
Webmaster, An Eclectic World http://eclectic-world.com