Re: FW: 2 instances

От Andy Shellam
Тема Re: FW: 2 instances
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

The problem you’ve got is that there’ll always be 2 configurations – one for your “default” instance and one for your 5433 instance.

I believe (I could be wrong here), that postgresql.conf is just for the server side – it’s the client tools you’re connecting with, so they need to know which port to connect to (of which 5432 is default, unless changed in your configure script.)

You could put:

PGPORT=XXXX

export PGPORT

in each of your user’s .profile (or .bash_profile) scripts (replacing XXXX with either 5432 or 5433 dependent on which cluster you want the user to connect to.)  Then the PG client tools will read that as the port number (to save putting “-p 5433” in the command line.)

Regards

Andy